Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Posts from 6/12-21/15

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
- John 3:36

 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
- Matthew 10:32-33

 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Joshua 1:9

 O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure.
- Isaiah 25:1

 He who has never failed somewhere, that man cannot be great.
- Herman Melville

 Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.
- Arthur Christopher Benso

 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
- Psalm 139:23-24

 Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week.
- Spanish Proverb

 Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; Where there is sadness, joy.
- St Francis Of Assisi

 Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies within us while we live.
- Norman Cousins

 By insolence comes nothing but strife, but with those who take advice is wisdom.
- Proverbs 13:10

It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.
- Millie Huang

 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
- Proverbs 9:10

 I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
- Jeremiah 10:23

 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
- Romans 8:28

 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
- Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment